This thick and creamy smoothie is perfect if you crave something a little sweet in the mornings, and is filling enough to substitute for lunch. It tastes just like a muffin, but in drink form and much healthier. You’re welcome!
Add a sprinkling of chia seeds for an extra antioxidant boost. These tiny seeds are packed with protein, iron, potassium and essential fatty acids. Try soaking them overnight, or make a batch to last the week – they can keep up to five days when refrigerated. Soaked chia seeds are easier to digest and the nutrients are more easily absorbed by the body.
– 2 cups milk or unsweetened almond or oat milk
– 1 cup greek or plain yogurt
– 2 1/2 cups Blueberries, fresh or frozen
– 1/2 or 1 ripe banana (adjust to taste)
– 1 1/2 cup rolled oats
– 1 1/2 tbsp honey (adjust to taste)
– 1 tsp vanilla extract
– 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
– ½ cup of ice cubes
– 1 tbsp chia seeds soaked in oat or almond milk (optional)
Put all the ingredients into a blender and blitz until smooth. Serve immediately.
Tell us what you think…
Did you enjoy this recipe, or have a smoothie of your own to share? We’d love to hear from you. Drop us a message in the comments below.
Perfect for breakfast on the go!