Give your New Year detox a kickstart with these superfood energy balls; little bundles of deliciousness that are dense in nutrients and antioxidants
These gluten-free superfood energy balls are scrumptious homemade snacks, perfect for the entire family to enjoy. This recipe combines matcha powder and spirulina, a trendy superfood that is overflowing with rich nutrients that work to detox, boost the immune system, lowers blood pressure, helps support healthy weight management and so much more.
The cashews and oats will give you a boost of energy, while the hint of ginger, known for its antioxidant properties, provides a bit of a kick. The optional drizzle of dark chocolate enhances the sweetness of the dates, plus is a powerful source of antioxidants! It’s a win-win!
15 large (200g) medjool dates, pitted
– 1 1/3 cups (200g) raw cashews
– 1/2 cup (50g) oats, gluten free
– 1 tbsp coconut oil, melted
– 2 tsp matcha powder
– 1 tsp spirulina
– 2 tsp ground ginger
– 3 tbsp dark chocolate chips, melted
1. Soak the pitted dates in warm water for about 5 minutes to soften.
2. Pulse the oats and cashews in a food processor until they turn into a sandy texture. Add the dates, coconut oil, matcha, spirulina and ginger, and blend until everything has mixed together and form a nice sticky dough.
3. Roll the dough into equal sized balls and place on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
4. *Optional: Melt chocolate chips in the microwave, then drizzle over the energy balls.
5. Place in the fridge for an hour to set, then store in an airtight container in the fridge.
– Quick and easy banana muffin recipe
– Almond & chickpea energy balls
– Date, almond & fig energy balls
– Carrot, ginger & turmeric smoothie
– Easy-to-make spinach & pineapple smoothie
– Mango, kale & lemon detox smoothie
Tell us what you think…
Did you enjoy this recipe, or have a recipe of your own to share with MCC members? We’d love to hear from you. Send us a message in the comments below and we’ll be in touch.