This American-style chocolate chip cookie recipe is deliciously gooey and simple to make, but be warned – they’re insanely moorish!
If you like your cookies with a soft, doughy center that melts in the mouth, then look no further! This recipe devastatingly good, and so straightforward you can even let the kids take over the kitchen to make them.
Go crazy with customising these cookies to your taste. Use any kind of chocolate, from classic chocolate chips, to chunks of your favourite chocolate bar, and throw in some nuts if you want added crunch. Chopped walnuts and pecans work really well.
For extra softness, the trick is to take the cookies out of the oven while they still appear slightly wet in the center. The residual heat will continue to bake them to perfection.
Makes approx. 18 cookies, depending on how big you like them
– 85g dark brown sugar (if you prefer a sweeter flavour, then add 100g)
– 125g softened butter (salted or unsalted)
– 1 egg
– 1 1/2 tsp vanilla essence
– 225g Self Raising Flour
– 1/2 tsp salt
– 200g chocolate
1. Pre-heat oven to 200c (180c fan)
2. Cream together the softened butter and sugar in large bowl
3. Add the egg and vanilla essence and mix again
4. Sieve in flour and salt to mix and combine well
5. Roughly chop the chocolate, but not to finely, and add
6. Mix together then either use a cookie scoop, or roll in balls of about 2cm, and place on a baking tray that has an oven liner or baking parchment on. Softly press down to flatten a little. Don’t place the dough too close together, as it will spread slightly while baking.
7. Place in a preheated oven for 7-10 minutes. For a softer center remove after 7 minutes, for a crumblier texture cook for 9-10 minutes. Cool on a baking tray for 2-3 minutes, then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely. Repeat until all cookies are baked.
– Quick and easy banana muffin recipe
– Almond & chickpea energy balls
– Date, almond & fig energy balls
– Carrot, ginger & turmeric smoothie
– Easy-to-make spinach & pineapple smoothie
– Mango, kale & lemon detox smoothie
Tell us what you think…
Did you enjoy this recipe, or have a recipe of your own to share with us? We’d love to hear. Send us a message in the comments below and we’ll be in touch.