Smoothies are an endlessly versatile and healthy way to start your day. This one is packed with antioxidant-rich blueberries, which are great for promoting healthy guts, as well as supporting the immune system. Peanut butter adds a smooth, velvety texture to this easy-to-make recipe that will keep you going until lunchtime.
Serve over ice for best results, or for a thicker, more refreshing smoothie, use frozen banana chunks.
– 600ml milk or unsweetened nut or oat milk
– 2 tbsp smooth peanut butter (or almond butter)
– 1tbsp rolled oats
– 1 medium ripe banana
– Handful of frozen blueberries
– 1 date – stone removed (optional)
– 1 tbsp chia seeds – soaked overnight in milk (optional)
Put all the ingredients into a blender and whizz until very smooth. Serve immediately over ice, or transfer to a bottle to refrigerate for up to two days. Be sure to shake the bottle gently before serving.
Tell us what you think…
Did you enjoy this recipe, or have a smoothie of your own to share? We’d love to hear from you. Send us a message in the comments below.