This apple pie smoothie recipe is healthier than you think but tastes just as good as the real thing. Well, almost…
Apple pies might just be one of the best desserts on earth. Every nation has its own take on this classic dessert. The thought of sweet apples, a blend of cinnamon and spices and rich, buttery pastry crust is enough to have you running to the nearest bakery! But we promise this wholesome, nutritious smoothie might just be the next best thing. It’s creamy, decadent and completely healthy.
Delicious almond butter and Greek yogurt provide a delectable creamy consistency, while the oats give a milkshake-worthy thickness. The yogurt also gives hints of sweetness, while punching up the protein.
This smoothie might even become your favourite way to eat that apple-a-day.
– 1 apple, peeled and cored
– 1/4 cup raw oats
– 1/2 cup vanilla Greek yogurt
– 1 Tbsp almond butter
– 1/2 cup vanilla almond milk (or other milk substitute)
– 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
– Pinch of ground nutmeg
– 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
– Whipped cream to top (optional extra if you’re feeling naughty!)
Mix all ingredients together in a blender until smooth. Garnish with an apple wedge and sprinkle of cinnamon.
– Quick and easy banana muffin recipe
– Almond & chickpea energy balls
– Date, almond & fig energy balls
– Carrot, ginger & turmeric smoothie
– Easy-to-make spinach & pineapple smoothie
– Mango, kale & lemon detox smoothie
Tell us what you think…
Did you enjoy this recipe, or have a recipe of your own to share with us? We’d love to hear. Send us a message in the comments below and we’ll be in touch.