Art for Kids Hub is a fantastic way to ignite your kids’ love of art with hundreds of online art lessons that are fun and easy to follow
Every month, we showcase an online video channel that’s suitable for kids. From entertaining skits to educational and informative clips, we recommend family friendly content that will engage and inspire your little ones. This month, we take a look at Art for Kids Hub, available for streaming on YouTube.
Channel: Art for Kids Hub
This wholesome video channel from father-of-four Rob Jensen teaches kids (and their parents!) how to paint and draw through easy-to-follow step-by-step instructions. Rob – who has a fine art degree – likes to get the whole family involved, and many of the videos feature wife and mum Teryn and their children Jack, Hadley, Austin, and Olivia. As well as hundreds of “how to draw” videos, the channel also follows the family as they explore art exhibitions and find inspiration to be creative in their everyday lives.
Why we like it
- There are hundreds of “How to” art lesson videos to watch, from how to draw funny cupcakes and cute unicorns, to realistic wasps and Lego Hulks
- The videos are super easy to follow, but never condescending, and your kids will be totally absorbed in what they’re doing
- Your kids don’t have to be good at drawing; the emphasis is on unleashing their creativity!
- A great way to keep you kids entertained while learning new skills at the same time
- The activities work really well for kids’ playdates
- New art lessons are uploaded every week
- Parents should give it a try too! You’re never too old to get creative
- It’s a lovely way to get your kids interested in art
Watch the trailer
– Videos for kids: Ninja Kidz TV
– App recommendation: Khan Academy Kids
– Ya Mama’s Book Club: How to make readers of middle-schoolers
– Kids’ TV show: Our Planet
– App of the week: Toca Tailor
– App of the week: Dr. Panda Town Collection
Got a suggestion?
We’d love to hear if you have a video recommendation for kids. Please tell us in the comment box below.